Saturday 16 February 2008

Snowboarding Hat

So i wanted to make a hat to match my snow jacket. I saw a pic of a hat online that i liked (http://www.woollywormhead.co.uk/USERIMAGES/SLimePinkBobbleHat.JPG) so I wanted to make one like this. My jacket is Pink and Brown so I tried to get colours to match. It was quite difficult to do this but the colours I found were not too bad.
Having spoke to a few people on the http://www.crochetville.org/ forum they informed me that this was just single crochet. They also gave me the advice to start from the top and work down.

So thats what i did.
The pictures were taken after the first wash. and the hat stretched a bit after that. I am fairly happy with the hat, but i think i will use a smaller crochet hook for the next one. The size recommended by the yarn was 5mm. but as you can see, the stiches are not too tight, and i think i would have liked it a bit tighter.
But all in all, i didnt think this was a bad first effort.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love this one, make this one for me will you!!!!!! Pretty please!