Saturday, 16 February 2008

Hat No 1

So this was hat number 1. I bought one like this a long time ago and lost it, so this was to replace it.

Unfortunately, i did not reduce the number of stitches on the bottom rib and as you can see in the image the rib wants to turn up. It looks ok turned up but this was not what i was aiming for. I think it was a little small and maybe the kneedles used were a little too small also. I think that i could have atleast gone up to a 4.5 mm considering i was doubling up the yarn.

Made from

33g (approx) of black DK wool

33g (approx) of red DK wool

On 4mm straight needles.

I made the peice flat and seemd up the back.

No comments: