Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Freedom Microlite Seat Covers

So here are the pictures or the new covers 




I think the colours go well with the dark wood and the feel of the material is lovely.

I did make a bit of a rookie mistake when ordering the material.  I made an assumption about the way the nap of the fabric would run.  I assumed it would be down the roll of fabric, and worked out how much material i needed based on that fact.  I was wrong, and had to order another meter of fabric! That's a lesson I wont repeat.

Other than that mistake, the construction was pretty straight forward and has resulted in a lovely finish.  I took about 9 hrs to make and wasnt too complicated.  Cutting out was the hardest bit.

No comments: