Saturday, 18 July 2009


I made the YeeHaw hat from the Stitch 'n Bitch happy hookers book. Well I attempted to make it following the pattern from the book.

I don't usually follow a pattern as I just like to do my own thing, but this pattern in my opinion was very bad. Mistakes a plenty. It was a real shame, as its one of the main patterns used to advertise the book.

From this experience, I don't think I would bother with any Stitch n Bitch patterns in the future, as this one was clearly not test made to trial the pattern.

The pattern really goes wrong in the first few rows, so I tried and tried to work it out, but I couldn't. I ripped it back to the beginning and made my interpretation of the pattern.
  • I made the initial chain longer so the body of the hat would be longer.
  • I changed the increases.
  • I worked most of the hat in the round rather than joining at the end of the rows.
  • I added extra rows for depth and width.
  • I changed the increases for the brim as the increases indicated made the brim go hyperbolic!
I think it turned out well in the end, but I had to make up the pattern for myself. Luckily, I'm getting quite good at that now :p

No comments: